We’ve seen the birth of responsive websites and mobile friendly web designs and how these became a must-have for every business owner. Last year, Google made it official how mobile search is taking the world’s search engines by storm by launching the first mobile algorithm awarding mobile friendly websites with higher search ranking (visibility) on mobile search. More and more users are accessing browsers on their mobile devices. If your website is not compatible with all browser sizes, particularly mobile devices, you will find a missed opportunity to cater to a wider audience.
This year, experts say that there are design trends from 2015 that will carry on. Here are 5 web design trends that are set to take over 2016.
- The End of the Hamburger Icon? The hamburger icon was the go-to solution of web developers in hiding menu bars. Apparently, more and more webmasters discover there is more to life than the burger. Many are experimenting on other forms of navigation to make mobile search more user friendly.
- Designing in Modules and Components Instead of Pages. This is a more practical solution especially that we’re approaching the age of responsive sites. Web design will be moving towards modular and component design instead of doing mock ups of entire layout. These components often involve designing how the search function will work, how the navigation will be laid out, etc.
- Flat Designs Live On. Again, another design trend to cater to the need of responsive websites. Simpler designs are more advantageous for the fact that these load faster regardless of the internet connection speed.
- Forms and Inputs go Full Screen. This design aspect has shown its effectiveness not just for mobile browsers but also for desktop users particularly for business owners who are more focused on conversion rates.
- UX Focused Designs. Internet users are more interested now on how functional the site is rather than how beautiful it looks. Thus, it is foreseen that more user friendly designs will be implemented this year.
These are just some of the design trends foreseen to become a hit amongst websites this year. There are more rumours about new technologies that will surface in the second or third quarter so we have to stay tuned for that.